Home > How To > How Does Adaptive Battery and Adaptive Brightness works in Android Pie

How Does Adaptive Battery and Adaptive Brightness works in Android Pie

As you guys know that Android Pie (P) is all about the AI implementation in Android Operating System. Google has mainly tried to implement as many AI Features as they can in this Latest Android Pie. As of now Android Pie is not Available on most of the Devices. Even most of the devices have not even received Oreo Updates. That means that we have to wait some time to be able to use this features. So without any further delay let’s start the Article.

How the Adaptive Brightness works in Android Pie

Adaptive Brightness

Well at this point you may be thinking of-course all of the Smartphone are equipped with Ambient Light Sensor which manages the display brightness according to the amount of light in your surrounding. BUT…….. That’s not it, in the case of Android Pie. In Android Pie you need to manually set the Brightness three or four times a day. The Android Pie AI studies your interaction with Brightness Slider and then it starts Auto-Adjusting the Brightness for you. Awesome Right!

In other Words 

The more you manually set the Brightness the Better the Adaptive Brightness.

In this way Android Pie use Ambient Light Sensor and AI together to make the Adaptive Brightness more accurate than it was in previous android version. Adaptive brightness understands when you require full brightness or extreme dim display simply because it has seen you doing it. So, now you just have to sit back and relax, and machine learning will do it for you.

How to Enable Adaptive Brightness in Android Pie

Go to Android Device Settings ⇒ Tap on Display ⇒ Tap on Adaptive Brightness ⇒ Turn on the toggle button

Adaptive Brightness

Since Adaptive Brightness is controlled by AI so it may take some time for this feature to start working properly. That is because it uses Machine Learning. That is how Adaptive Brightness Works in Android Pie.


How Does Android Pie Adaptive Battery Works

Adaptive Battery

Device Battery is undoubtedly a primary concern of everyone. However, the struggle is different for users and device makers – On one side, smartphone manufacturers endeavor to increase device battery capacity, overlooking behavior of memory consuming apps entirely.

Whereas on the other side, Android users download counter-intuitive battery apps, along with shutting down essential functions and applications. While this helps in the battery life, but at the end of the day, battery saving tips and tricks are never known to show any extraordinary results.

With Android 9.0, Google went beyond the baseline of following heuristics. With the help of DeepMind, its A.I. division, the company integrated machine learning with Battery consumption.

Adaptive Battery uses a deep conventional neural net which adapts to your app usage pattern and predicts which apps you use frequently and which apps you use less or if not at all. Consequently, removing idle apps from device memory to save power.

Moreover, the Android Pie battery system takes intelligent decisions on whether it should allow an app to work in the background, and for how much time. For instance, if one of your installed apps takes up heavy processing while the screen is off, the system would then throttle the app until you are on power.

According to Google, Adaptive battery helps in over 5 percent reduction in overall CPU usage, a 10 percent reduction in background data transmission and over 15 percent reduction in CPU for certain app segments.

How to Enable Adaptive Battery In Android Pie

Go to Android Device Settings ⇒ Tap on Battery ⇒ Tap on Adaptive Battery ⇒ Turn on the toggle button

Adaptive Battery

These features are only available to Android Pie users. In other words, only Google Pixel and Essential PH-1 can use these features. But since the Android Pie device support list is expanding day-by-day, you might see these Android P features on your phone, in the near future.


Thanks For Visiting

Also Read

This Guy Hacked 50,000 Printers to Promote PewDiePie YouTube Channel.

What makes Python Programming Language so Special

Mi Mix 3 Specification and Price in India

New Winamp is Coming Back in 2019

Use of various Sensors in your Smartphone

How Does Adaptive Battery and Adaptive Brightness works in Android Pie

What is Guest Blogging? How to Become a Content Writer?



Manish Garhwal
Manish is Article writer at Global Technology Updates. Loves Programming and Xiaomi. He is Xiaomi Software Repairer. Gaming is one of main part of his daily routine. He is currently Studying Computer Science Engineering in Thakur Shivkumar Singh Memorial Engineering College.
http://globaltech2u.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *