MediaTek has declared it’s dimensity flagship chipset on 8th of November along with the diamond City 9200 and it has came up side by side with the snap dragon 8 gen 2 and it will be seen in smartphones at the end of 2022.
MediaTek has always been the biggest competitor of Qualcomm and Qualcomm is also coming with its snap dragon 8 Gen 2 it has announced officially on snap dragon submit on 15th – 17th November.
MediaTek #Dimensity9200 combines incredible performance with intelligent power for ultimate gaming. Experience lights, shadows, and action in every scene in epic w/ Hardware Ray Tracing on Mobile and #HyperEngine 6.0 gaming technology. https://t.co/bC4q6IDswL pic.twitter.com/yssZrabOGf— MediaTek (@MediaTek) November 14, 2022
The MediaTek dimensity is the updated version of its dimensity 9000 but dimensity 9200 is the earliest smartphone chip to combine an Arm cortex X3. With its extreme power saving technology for A1- noise reduction and A1- super resolution media tech says that dimensity 9200 will provide up to 30% of power saving with Al-NR and 45% power saving with AlSR. It uses 2nd generation TSMC 4nm process 1Arm cortex-X3 running as prime core at 3.05GHZ with a standard of 1 + 3 + 4 structure it’s cutting edge display technology provides the best class videos streaming its Octa core CPU has a trio of 1x Arm cortex-x3, 3.05 GHZ and 3xArm cortex- A715@2.85 GHZ and 4XArm cortex -A510@1.8 GHZ. dimensity 9200 Arm immortalis G715 GPU with ray tracking their designs are based on Arm u9 architecture which promises improved security and performance.
Connectivity:- Bluetooth 5.3
Wi-Fi 7 up to 65 Gbps
Wireless stereo audio
The MediaTek dimensions 9200 chipset supports 32 bit applications. Here are the 9 facts about the MediaTek dimensity 9200 :-
- The dimensity 9200 is a tiny phone animated chip set the same as the last year dimensity 9000 and Snapdragon A+gen 1 its smaller than a toffee.
- It got 8 core CPU with 4 performance core and 4 efficiency cores dimensions 9200 offers or 12% increase in geek bench single core performance versus the dimensions 9000 and 10% increase in a multi core performance and in lab conditions the chipset spaffed out an antutu benchmark score 1 million two hundred sixty thousand and also the power consumption of CPU has dropped by 25% versus the density 9000 while the heat dissipation has improved by 10%
- Gamers delight because the new 11 core immortalist g71 GPU boost hardware based rare trace and support so you can enjoy fancy reflections and shadows while your blasting your mids kneecaps off with a big shotgun and now all with 41% less power drainage
- You got Wi-Fi 7 connectivity on board for improved coverage and speed were talking up to 6.5 gigabytes for second as well as millimetre wave and sub 6 5G so yes you will be able to download high quality videos
- The dimensity 9200 supports ddr5x85 33 megabytes per second memory finally.
- Your smartphone camera is going to get even smarter too. thanks to media tech new imagiq 890 ISP this can work out what is backgrounds scenery and the thing you are actually trying to focus on you could also expect improved night shots that are bright and packed with more detail you will also be able to capture and stream HDR quality video from multiple smartphone camera simultaneously while 4K and 8k video capture should drain your battery less quickly.
- Super fast UFS 4.0 storage support
- The new mirror vision 890 suite can make videos look even more spooge and juicing on your smartphone screen. thanks to Ai driven picture processing which can determine in real time what is background and what is foreground and then dynamically change the brightness of individual elements for contrast and clarity and it can also automatically boost the brightness and contrast level of any HDR content that you are streaming when you are in a low light environment just for an improved view and experience.
- You got Bluetooth 5.3 support here offering 24 bit 192 kilohertz audio streaming for a proper experience.
Comparison with Snapdragon 8 gen 2
|MEDIATEK DIMENSITY 9200||SNAPDRAGON 8 GEN 2|
|RELEASE||Q4' 2022||Q4' 2022|
|CORE COUNT||64 BITS OCTA CORE (1+3+4)||64 BITS OCTA CORE (1+4+3)|
|CPU ARCHITECTURE||2nd GEN.4NM (TSMC) that means it will provide 6% better power efficiency and heat management than the original 4NM architecture||4NM (TSMC)|
|CORE TYPE||1X CORTEX X3 @ 3.05 GHZ 3X CORTEX A715 @ 2.85 GHZ 4X CORTEX A 510 @ 1.8 GHZ||1X CORTEX X3 @3.2 GHZ 4X CORTEX A 715 @2.8 GHZ 3X CORTEX A510 @2.0 GHZ|
|RAM SUPPORT||QUAD CHANNEL LPDDR5X @ 4266 MHz BANDWIDTH-.68.2 GB/S||QUAD CHANNEL LPDDR5X @4200 MHz BANDWIDTH - 67 GB/S|
|MEMORY SUPPORT||EMMC 5.1 UFS 4.0||EMMC 5.1 UFS 4.0|
|CAMERA SUPPORT||TRIPLE 18-bit ISP SINGLE- 320 MP DUAL-???? MP TRIPLE-???MP||TRIPLE 18-bit ISP SINGLE-200 MP DUAL- 64+36 MP TRIPLE- 36 MP|
|VIDEO CAPTURE||8K @30 FPS 4K @60 FPS FHD @??? FPS 720P @??? FPS||8K @30 FPS 4K @120 FPS FHD @240 FPS 720P @960 FPS|
|DISPLAY SUPPORT||FHD+ (240Hz) QHD+ (144Hz)||4K (60Hz) QHD+ (144Hz)|
|NETWORK SUPPORT||5G D/L @7.9 Gbps WIFI 7 SUPPORT BT 5.3 SUPPORT sub 6 Ghz & mmWAVE 5G NAVIC SUPPORT||5G D/L @ 10 Gbps 5G U/L @ 3.5 Gbps WIFI 7 SUPPORT BT 5.3 SUPPORT sub 6 Ghz & mmWAVE 5G NAVIC SUPPORT|
|GRAPHICS SCORE||ANTUTU GPU 550767||ANTUTU GPU 534002|
|ANTUTU SCORE||ANTUTU V9- 12,66,102||ANTUTU V9- 12,93,410|
|GEEK-BENCH SCORE||SINGLE CORE- 1424 MULTICORE- 4480||SINGLE CORE - 1483 MULTICORE- 4709|